Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My computer only recognizes 4 of 8gb installed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I think of it, I remember running the memory test on all the memory when I first purchased it using my then liveCD. There were no errors in any of it. If you read what I said to snowhog, I need not repeat myself, nonetheless, I am going to have to shake this off. Well, I will just live with the problem some more, because the computer does work pretty good. In my experience, each product I research seems to have people with similar problems. I don't know if it is just that they know you can't afford to struggle the issue to a satisfactory conclusion. In fact, I usually never give up on a problem until it is solved or corrected, it is just, it was my dream computer, the best recommended components, pretty cutting edge at the time, so I really wanted what I purchased. And considering an additional half year struggling through their hoops was just too long to finally have a part of my dream. You'd think after all these years, I wouldn't be so affected by someone cheating like this, but I guess it never goes away. It is hard to forgive them though. I am sure everyone has their story. Anyway, thanks tek_heretik, sorry that I am a little grouchy.
    Originally posted by tek_heretik View Post
    I agree with what you are saying, but I do extensive multiple tests (a second or third 'opinion', I've had one test say bad and two say good) on each stick, can't never be too careful, bad memory addresses = bad installs, data corruption, etc, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X