• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purism Librem 15

Interesting.

High-end 'upstream' Linux laptop plans to ship in April
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Hmmm... Interesting indeed.

Too bad it doesn't come with a docking port. I like the plan look. It looks sturdy.

The suggested base price seems a little high for what you get.
    You pay an "Earlier Bird" price of $1,649 for 4GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive, CD/DVD ROM and a 1920x1080 screen with AC adapter plug.
    I like the "thumbs up" rabbit 01:42 into the video.
    sigpic

Comment

Pricing is always going to be 'high' on a Linux PC. It's purely a function of volume costing; there just isn't a large enough 'ready' market of consumers for Linux. Far to many consumers drank of, and continue to drink of, the 'Cool-Aid' Microsoft (primarily) produced and continues to produce. Unfortunately, people generally don't "trust" something that they are not required to pay for. Free is, consciously or unconsciously, equated with "cheap".
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

"Here bunny, bunny!" says GreyGeek, *cocking his 5mm air rifle and dreaming of a nice rabbit stew!*
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

well dunno..........i've installed on a lot of junque..........

SURELY.........there could be some DEEP POCKETS.......that could enable a few hundred / multi hundred.... lappys.....or towers.......to get some people going....

it is called "the Butterfly effect".........

I apologize.......

my last inconvenience.......she had three husbands who died from cancer.....the last blew his brains out in the bed from the pain.........

I spent my fortune on repairing her house and car from the last non-existent ice storm in 2006......

so I cannot donate.......

but if somebody does not......

then who......will thumbs up?

woodnosurfingforsmoke

Comment

Working...
          X