This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with repositories!!!

Every time I try to download and install a program using synaptic, or adept it keeps telling me to change my repositories. This message pops up E: Type 'dep' is not known on line 32 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
    E: The list of sources could not be read.
    Go to the repository dialog to correct the problem.
    E: Type 'dep' is not known on line 32 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list
    E: Unable to lock the list directory

I'm not a programmer, so what exactly is going on, and how do I fix this!!!! Please help!!!

Re: Help with repositories!!!

Could you post your (line 31-33 of) /etc/apt/sources.list or (if you don't know how to do it) upload a screenshot of Synaptic's
    Settings -> Repositories
    when you make the screenshot, please select the repository that is generating this error.
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

How exactly do I find out which repositories is making this problem.When I open synaptic this message just automatically pops up. I'm really confused about what going on or how to fix anything in this area. Could someone show me how to install a repository or something, then maybe I can find the one that's causing the problem? Really lost and confused here!!!

Comment

you will need to edit the repository list by hand as there is a typo at line 32. Synaptic will ignore the repo, and Adept won't even let it run until it is fixed.

Browse to /etc/apt and right-click on the file called 'sources.list', select Tools - Edit as Root. Once you have opened it, look for the line with the word "dep" at the beginning, it should read "deb". Save it, close it and you should be all set to go

Comment

Working...
        X