X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet problems

Hey
    A week ago, I installed Kubunto. I have never had any experience with Linux before. I had some trouble getting the internet to work, and just as I got it solved, I try to install Firefox, after the install I'm asked to reboot, which I do, and I'm now unable to connect to the internet when booting in Kubunto. It works fine when I'm booting i Windows.

Has anybody got an idea of what could be wrong?

Re: Internet problems

1-A reboot? After installing Firefox??

2-How do you connect to the internet?
    ~$sudo make me a sandwich

Comment

first, it's Kubuntu...
      a reboot required after a Firefox install is VERY strange; i don't remember having to do one in Windows
      you should install it using apt-get;
      and you'll need to provide some details about your connection in order to receive help

Comment

Did you do a straight install of Kubuntu, or did you do an apt-get install kubuntu-desktop from Ubuntu?

Bear with me on this one.. because I may have had the same issue (excluding firefox from the mix).

Comment

I think I have solved the problem. I made a new install of kubuntu, I have not jet installed firefox but my internet is working and I will try to read some more about installing program in kubuntu.

Some facts:
          I made a straight install of kubuntu.
          I connect to the internet through a LAN, using a static IP
          I installed firefox using a code i found on help.ubunto.com i think this is where I did something wrong

Comment

Working...
          X