This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant "play" music

i cant "play" any music in amarok or kaffine, and i say "play" because it will open and run, but it wont play any sound.
    also, alot of things don't show up in adept package manager, for example i wanted to get wine so i could just run my familiar windows programs, but wine wont show up.
    i've got 5.06 (dapper drake is it?) and there was a problem upgrading to the current version, so maybe because its not current these problems are happening?

Re: cant "play" music

Well first you have to uncomment the repositories...have you done that in the adept?
    if not do so and fetch the updates and wine will be there! If you have uncomment the repositories for your adept then in the /etc/apt/sources.list file you also need to enable universe multiuniverse.

Further more the other day out of no reason my sound in Dapper (which is 6.06 btw) also got cut off for no apparent reason. In movies n music ...checked the kmix manager and all but nop...i think it's a bug! querious to see the replies about that!

Comment

thanks for your help, i also found another post on this that helped too

Comment

I am using also Dapper Drake since 1-2 months now and I have the same sound problem. I have installed kubuntu (6.06) on three machines (one laptop and 2 desktops) and sound works fine for the laptop ALWAYS but only occasionally for the other two. This is really weird. It works only one out of 10 reboots! So for the time being when I want to hear music or watch a video, I have to switch to windows on the desktops. Pretty sad!

Comment

Do you have the sound drivers? Does sound work at all?
          The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.<br /><br />-Douglas Adams

Comment

Re: cant &quot;play&quot; music

The first time I ran my 6.10 desktop, when I clicked on a particular mp3 file in Amarok, it put up a message that I don't have the mp3 codec, and asked if I'd like to install it. I clicked on "YES", and waited patiently. You don't get a lot of feedback, but after 15 or 20 seconds of nothingness, I saw that something was happening, and then I was informed that the required driver was installed, and I would need to shut down and re-run Amarok for it to take effect. Which I did, and it worked. Pretty user-friendly for Linux!

Comment

Working...
            X