This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless

Alright, I guess I should preface this and say I'm not that new to linux. I just figured this would be the best place for the question because I'm new to Kubuntu.

I just built a new system. The trouble is, it had to be a desktop for obvious reasons, and in my room (damn college house) I cannot get a hardwire to plug in my internet. I am forced to use my wireless. I have just put Kubuntu on the machine, and I cannot get my Wireless card to enable in the Network settings. I click "Enable Interface" and it momentarily goes green, then switches right back to the disabled state.

Is there a simple trick to getting that enabled? I'm using a linksys wireless g wmp54gs. Is it a matter of finding a driver on my windows laptop and then transfering it via USB keydrive? Or am I in trouble because there isn't a driver out there for it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Wireless

Hi,

Can you try to give more details about the network connection you want to use. Maybe you should try to configure it by hand... and get to a konsole to get it up.
    Are you using wep, wpa or some encryption ?

If you want few commands to try to debug, iwconfig is giving information about essid name of the network, if there's encryption, association status and quality of the signal

Cheers

Comment

Re: Wireless

Hi.

Try to install restricted kernel. It solved my proble with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network adapter. Go to Adept and type "kernel-restricted-modules" in the search box and install it.

BR,
      ArtBar

Comment

Working...
      X