This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WG111v2 woes

I'm using AMD64 Kubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft).

I'm also using a WG111v2 USB wireless network card.

I've searched through numerous forum posts for solutions to using this device to connect wirelessly in linux, and I've come up with 50 some odd solutions, none of which have worked thus far.

Linux can see the wireless card, and can see the router/network I'm trying to connect to, but when I click on the router to connect (channel is correct and there is no encryption key set), it gives me a failed to connect message. I can't connect to the internet(I'm posting on the Windows side of my box).

I'm not sure whether or not this means I need the ndiswrapper (since my card is obviously there and detecting stuff and being detected) and what I have to do to get it to allow me to connect. I read somewhere (on the wiki maybe?) that there was supposed to be native support for the WG111, but clearly something is wrong.

Also, at one point in time I had Ubuntu Dapper installed on this machine as a 32 bit build, and my wireless card worked fine for whatever reason.

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Re: WG111v2 woes

Nevermind, I fixed it (temporarily anyway). I had to go in iwconfig and manually set the access point MAC addy, which seems to have been a fun exercise for a newb like me. The cool thing was, the router's MAC addy was already provided to me through the Wireless Assistant Wireless LAN Manager. Not sure why it couldn't connect, though. Anyway, the only help I would need now is making sure this config stays at startup everytime, so I don't have to do it every boot.

Comment

Re: WG111v2 woes

Now I'm having problems with my Adept Manager. I go to install new packages, and I get Waiting for Headers(0%) and it doesn't move anywhere. Is this a problem with my network card?

Comment

Working...
      X