X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP HELP HELP !!!!!

HELP HELP HELP

Could some one please help me. I have always used window's on all my computers and i recently tried to install kubuntu. I failed misrably as the live cd would not work and niether the install cd or the dvd. I really want to migrate from windows xp to kubuntu and just dont know how. Would really appreciate it if some one could guide me through it. My e-mail is elite_modder@hotmail.co.uk - please could you contact me here. Kyle

Re: HELP HELP HELP !!!!!

What happened when you tried to boot the LiveCD?

Is your BIOS set to boot from the CD-Rom and not the Hard Drive?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Have a look indocumentation in this Forum. There is an excellent tutorial on how to install at http://whoiam55.at.preempted.net/?p=18

Comment

I don't mean to be blunt, but you haven't really given us anything to work with here.

Tell us a little about your computer and what version of Kub you're trying to install. Also, if you were in the install process and it started acting up, at which point did your install fail (console line). This information will help to get you up on your feet.

Every computer is different with Linux. Hope we can help once you get us some info!

Comment

Working...
        X