This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem installing kxdocker in kubuntu 6.06

I'm trying to install kxdocker-1.0.0a in kubuntu 6.06 (32bit edition). When I try ./configure i get an error message saying

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details.

How do I install applications and is there any simple method which might help me install applications/programs easier. Also request ur suggestions pertaining to above error message. Thanks

Re: Problem installing kxdocker in kubuntu 6.06

Use a package manager instead of trying to install from the command line.

Preferably use Synaptic Package Manager because it is best.

K Menu> System> Synaptic Package Manager.

Do a search for kxdocker.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi thnx for the info. But I checked for Synaptic package manager. That is not installed. How do i install it.

Comment

Open a terminal

Type( or copy)

sudo apt-get install synaptic
        "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

i wanted to install kxdocker but i can't get kxdocker to show up in synaptic?

Comment

KXdocker appears in my Synaptic, but my repositories must be different.

You can get it fom Linux App Finder at http://linuxappfinder.com/package/kxdocker

Comment

I think you need to "Enable extra repositories" to get Kxdocker.

Kubuntu comes with Adept Package Manager - which is sort of buggy. You can however use it to install Synaptic Package Manager which doesn't hang nearly as much. Also - nearly every howto out there is based on using Synaptic. To install it:

Kmenu>System>Adept(Package Manager)

Use the search function to find Synaptic. Right click it and chose install. Click the Apply button.

Once it's downloaded and installed it will *not* create a menu entry so open the Konsol and type
              Code:
              kdesu synaptic
              Once you do that there is a very nice how to on installing stuff in K/ubuntu here:
              http://monkeyblog.org/ubuntu/installing/

If kxdocker is buggy on your rig check out kooldock. It's not as fancy as kxdocker but much easier to configure.

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
                KXdocker appears in my Synaptic, but my repositories must be different.

You can get it fom Linux App Finder at http://linuxappfinder.com/package/kxdocker
                thanks, i actually got kxdocker v1.1.4 but its not working ?
                I can't install the kxdocker configurator when i run make throws lots of errors

-----------------------------------------
                xeplugin_configurator.cpp: In member function 'virtual void XEPlugin_Configurato r::WindowAlign_activated(const QString&)':
                xeplugin_configurator.cpp:1375: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct XSC onfigurations'
                xeplugin_configurator.h:114: error: forward declaration of 'struct XSConfigurati ons'
                make[2]: *** [xeplugin_configurator.lo] Error 1
                make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gt/tmp/kxdocker_v1/kxdocker-configurator-1.0.2 /src'
                make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gt/tmp/kxdocker_v1/kxdocker-configurator-1.0.2 '
                make: *** [all] Error 2

------------------------------

i also tried ksmoothdock but it gives me an error saying lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6: version `GKUBC_2.4' not found.

http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=6585

http://ksmoothdock.sourceforge.net/

Comment

If kxdocker is buggy on your rig check out kooldock
                  Have a look at this. Kooldock is visually very similar to Kxdocker

Comment

Originally posted by arochester
                    If kxdocker is buggy on your rig check out kooldock
                    Have a look at this. Kooldock is visually very similar to Kxdocker
                    ok thx i will give that whirl when i get home

Comment

Hi Chandan
                      the error message you received was exactly what it said you have no c compiler installed you need to install gcc its in the repositories use what ever package manager you prefer to install it, or the command line.

Regards John

Comment

Working...
                      X