X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Desktop CD

Hi All,
    I read in a magazine the following info.
    Download Kubuntu from www.kubuntu.org. It is is a single CD.iso file that will run from CD or can be installed.----------- Burn the CD, leave it in the drive and reboot. After two minutes and much wirring you will see the KDE desktop.

Now my problem is this. I did the download from the presribed site. 716,704kb, this will not fit any of my CDs. It is a WinRAR archive file. So how can I burn it? Am I missing something somewhere, like do this first etc before more wasting discs and time.

All help would be appreciated.

Wireman

Re: Live Desktop CD

1 MB = 1024 kB
    1024 kB * 700 = 716.800 kB

You should have no problem to burn the iso to a 700 MB CD.

btw: you don't burn the file to the CD. This file is a CD image. That means you have to tell your burning software to burn an image. It will ask you for the image file then.

Comment

Re: Live Desktop CD

Hi Padre999,

I did the burn as you suggested. This worked OK. Now it it will not run. Tried a new download and burn. I now have the following written on the screen (Not on this computer)
      ISOLINUX 3.11 Debian-2006-03-06 isolinux: Disk error 01, AX = 4240, drive 9f
      Boot failed press a key to retry......

I have tried the reboot and got the same message. The first disk I tried at least came up with a Kubuntu Logo before stopping.

I might just give it up and go back to MSDOS I am sure it is easier.
      I tried the CDBurnerXP Pro 3 from the Kubuntu suggestions and that makes my burning software look sick.
      Just a thought will partioning have an effect on the loading ?

Regards Wireman

Comment

Working...
      X