Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trash can stays red after I empty it. How do I get it back to blue.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post here did not work because my settings were already those defaults: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...ight=red+trash

I tried rebooting, no go. I tried logging out, and back in, no go. I turned on hidden files and saw there was nothing there. This laptop was not connected to a network drive, and no thumb drives or other drives were connected.

What can I do.

Thank you.

Kubuntu 18.04.1 64 bit Intel

Under the Directory folder is
    /home/jerry/Desktop/trash.desktop

The last part of that file (on my Bionic) is:
    Icon=user-trash-full
    EmptyIcon=user-trash
    Type=Link
    URL=trash:/
    OnlyShowIn=KDE;
    I am using the Breeze desktop theme. My trash can works OK.
    Yours is stuck on user-trash-full.svg, which is red. user-trash.svg is blue. When you empty your trash the system is not switching from "Icon" to "EmptyIcon".

It could be that the path to the icon locations is corrupted in a config file other than this desktop file. Try changing to a different theme, then change back to the one you have. Those Icons for Breeze are located here: /usr/share/icons/breeze/places/
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

What about
      Right-click on the Desktop
      Refresh Desktop
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

See this link:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...377#post419377

Comment

Nothing works. Now my desktop has done it too. My desktop sometimes goes back to blue for no apparent reason. Both the laptop and desktop are stock installs of Kubuntu 18.04 and the only thing I did was to install Chrome and the WordPress apps straight from google.com and wordpress.com and change the wallpaper and setup Firefox. I don't use any other apps except for maybe LibreOffice, and I have never been sudo except to do sudo dpkg -a -configure because that's what Discover told me to do. What's my next move guys.
          Try changing to a different theme, then change back to the one you have. Didn't work.
          What about Right-click on the Desktop and Refresh Desktop, didn't work.
          https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...377#post419377 This didn't work either.

Comment

Mmmm ... did something the trigger the trash icon on your desktop to fill the display? Can you find a corner of it and resize it?
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I fired up the laptop and lo and behold the trash can was blue! No idea how it got that way. Thanks anyway. I'll come back if it happens again.

Comment

I fired up the laptop and lo and behold the trash can was blue! No idea how it got that way. Thanks anyway. I'll come back if it happens again.
                I've had this happen in 18.04. Went bad, then cured itself. A fleeting problem. Sometimes I'll try re-boot, or I'll run Bleachbit and clean everything out, or re-start the desktop (Control+Alt+Backspace), and so on. I usually just ignore it. Or Open and close the Trash can. And sometimes, the issue clears up without any apparent reason (or correlation to anything I do).
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                X