This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Internet] Google Chrome crashes

I've almost never managed to run the current Google Chrome versions in Kubuntu 17.10 or 18.04. I downloaded the installer .deb files from Google Chrome website and installed the package using Qapt (which comes up when I right click the downloaded installer file). It installs fine but when I run Google Chrome from the start menu, it starts, then starts loading some extensions (Adblock, WOT, Google Keep) and then crashes.
    Next, I started Google Chrome from the terminal, it starts but then it crashes with the message "Illegal Instruction" and some sort of Core dump.

My system is a Dell Inspiron 14, Intel Core i3 processor, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD 520 graphics and 1 TB Hard disk. I've installed Kubuntu 18.04 LTS on this and installed all current updates. Google Chrome seems to work fine in Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and Linux Mint Cinnamon and Mate 18.3.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Have you tried Chromium?

I'm running KDE Neon 5.12 based on ubuntu 16.04 LTS and the Discover software center only offers Chromium. Several years ago I installed Chrome on Mint because the audio/video support was so poor in Chromium. But since moving to Neon the end of last year I find Chromium works flawlessly.

-=Ken=-
    -=Ken=-
    "A man has to know his limitations." Harry Callihan (Dirty Harry)
    DIY ASRock AB350, AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 16 GB RAM, nvidia GT-710, kubuntu 20.04

Comment

No I haven't but I will try it out. I also found that Opera also crashes continuously in Kubuntu 18.04 and I think the only add-on I have installed on that is Adblock. It's only Firefox that works fine.

Comment

Working...
      X