This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot receive emails.

HAS NO ONE WITH SPECTRUM OR TIME WARNER HAD THIS PROBLEM? i HAVE 2 KUBUNTU APPLICATIONS (DUAL BOOT) K16.04 & K14.04LTS AND BOTH HAVE THIS PROBLEM. IN BOTH CASES, SPECTRUM AND TIME WARNER, IF I HAVE THEM RE-APPLY THE SETTINGS, Kmail WORKS UNTIL THE NEXT REBOOT OF MY COMPUTER. I HATE BEING FORCED TO USE A NON-KDE MAIL APPLICATION!

When I select "check mail", a window opens with my account pre-named and my password entered. I click "OK", but Kmail does not receive emails.

Occasionally when I select "check mail", a box appears with my username entered but the password is left blank. I type in my password and still my emails do not download.

I have even deleted my username and reentered it to see if that might help. It did not.

When I connect with my ISP, they reset my username and password; they are even willing to use my existing username and existing password to assist me with a failing memory. This corrects the problem, but the next time I reboot my computer the above problem returns.

I have been successfully using Kmail for about 20 years, I believe, without this problem. Can anyone help me. I do not want to change mail programs, if possible. Thanks Shab
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; Feb 09, 2017, 11:52 PM. Reason: BOLD PART OF ENTRY, NOT YELLING EMPHASIZING.
Working...
X