Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a simple way to change Grub2 boot screen resolution?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a simple way to change Grub2 boot screen resolution?

I am running 16.04 and I have a Grub2 setup question.

The fonts in the initial boot screen are almost too small for me to read. When run vbeinfo I get the possible resolutions (one of ther 800 x 600 32 3200 paletted Direct color, mask 8/8/8/8 pos: 16/8/0/24) would be just fine but the resolution seems to be set at 1280 x 1024.

Is there a simple way to change either the resolution or the size of the font? I'd rather not use Grub Customizer becasue when I tried it previously it was buggy and created problems with the boot screen. From what I can tell "kde-config-grub2" is no longer available in the repositories.

I've looked at a number of Grub2 help guides but making even a simple adjustment like I'm talking about seems pretty complicated and I'm afraid of screwing something up.

So is there a simple way to change the resolution or font in the Grub2 boot screen?

See http://askubuntu.com/questions/54067...een-resolution
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, I'll give a try in the next couple of days. As you know I'm trying to sort out a seemingly more complicated problem (at least to me) at the moment.

Comment

Thanks again. It worked fine and was just what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
        X