This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox Anomaly?

Using Firefox tonight and have a few times during the last week or so. When moving my cursor over a tab, buttons on the browser, emoticons for this text, instead of the normal black text on white background defining what I have placed my cursor over, I get a dark charcoal box with black lettering making the text mostly unreadable. Actually, if I hover over pretty much any linked text in the assorted topics and elsewhere, I get that box. Is there a fix? Uninstalled / installed FF with no change. Same deal for FF safe-mode.
    Last edited by logan01; Jun 14, 2016, 11:01 PM.
    Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
    HP15 -
    -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Here's what I did to get around this, Post #48:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...535#post387535
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

btw, you might have to experiment to find the right color-combo-contrast for you.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        btw, you might have to experiment to find the right color-combo-contrast for you.
        That worked. I did both background and text. Thanks.

Settings>System Settings>Application Appearance>Colors>Colors>Tooltip Background and/or Tooltip Text
        Kubuntu 14.04 / KDE 4.13.3 / GRUB Version: 0.97-29ubuntu66
        HP15 -
        -f033wm Laptop / CPU: Intel / GPU: Intel Corporation Atom Processor / RAM: 8GB / Hard Drive: 1 each / Seagate / Optical Drive: HP DVDRW GUB0N / Windows 10

Comment

Working...
        X