Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sync between KOrganizer and Google Calendar?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sync between KOrganizer and Google Calendar?

hello there,

could anyone please point me in the right direction - i can't find consistent instructions on adding a Google Calendar to KOrganizer.

I tried
    1) KOrganizer front page>(right-click on existing calendar) add calendar>iCal calendar file>added my GC iCal private address: no sync;
    2) settings>configure KOrganizer>add>Google Calendar & Tasks: item remains "not subscribed" and "can't access Kwallet". Clicking on "modify" doesn't get you anywhere.

can you please help? thanks!

------
    info about my system (what I could gather):

- DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.04;
    - sorry "Alt+F2 then type dolphin then click on Help > About KDE" doesn't give any useful info about KDE...(that I can see..);
    - ~$ apt-cache show grub | grep ersion
    Version: 0.97-29ubuntu68
    Description-en_GB: GRand Unified Bootloader (Legacy version);

-
    Asus ZenBook UX301LA
    -
    ~$ lscpu
    Architecture: x86_64
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    CPU(s): 4
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-3
    Thread(s) per core: 2
    Core(s) per socket: 2
    Socket(s): 1
    NUMA node(s): 1
    Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
    CPU family: 6
    Model: 69
    Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60G
    Stepping: 1
    CPU MHz: 1098.429
    CPU max MHz: 2600.0000
    CPU min MHz: 800.0000
    BogoMIPS: 4588.98
    Virtualisation: VT-x
    L1d cache: 32K
    L1i cache: 32K
    L2 cache: 256K
    L3 cache: 3072K
    NUMA node0 CPU(s): 0-3
    Flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 api
    pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscal
    tant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonsto
    ni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 sdbg fma
    sse4_2 movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rd
    adow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2
    veopt dtherm ida arat pln pts

~$ lspci | grep aphic
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-
    troller (rev 09)

In previous versions you had to install akonadi to get it to work, now its already in Kubuntu 16.04. But this helped me to get it installed. https://userbase.kde.org/Working_with_Google_Calendar, this is from the Help pages of Kontact.
    Last edited by bdallasb; Jun 06, 2016, 11:54 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

thanks bdallasb for your suggestion.

I followed the instructions at the link you posted, but it didn't unfortunately work out (I did wonder what the message "WarningThese instructions are no longer needed because a Google Calendar resource is shipped with KDE. You do not need to use DAV any more. In KOrganizer simply go to Settings->General->Calendars and filter for google" really means though).

here what went wrong (I tried some ten times and I'm positive the username and pswd I'm entering are correct):

if I use http: in "remote url" (which includes my Google Calendar ID), I get the following error message:

Confirm website access...V groupware resource ?
      you are about to log in to the site "www.google.com" with the username "irdarking@gmail.com", but the website does not require authentication. This may be an attempt to trick you.
      Is "www.google.com" the site you want to visit?

> YES

Error - DAV Groupware resource ?
      There was a problem with the request (403).

If i use https://, I get the following:

Error - DAV Groupware resource ?
      There was a problem with the request (401).

any idea? if there's no solution (?) I'll probably Kmail and KOrganizer with Thunderbird though I'm not very fond of it(but at least I know it sync with GCalendar). There's probably no reason for me to delete --purge Kmail/Organizer, though wonder (on this note) if Thunderbird works all right in the Kubuntu environment?

Comment

So looking at the process I went through again. I opened up Kontact, clicked on Calendar in the left column, The to the top to Settings, then Configure KOrganizer, When the Configure window opens up you have the General settings top left. On the right side you have the main KOrganizer Main Configuration. Click on the Calendars tab, You will then see the incoming accounts search bar and some buttons on the right, click add. In that list you should see an option for Google Calendars and Tasks, Select that, it should then ask you for your google account information. You should be good to go after that.

Comment

you're a genius! plus i feel a bit dumb - i realised it didn't work (i presume) because I had disabled KDE Wallet...
          works great now. thanks for your help!

Comment

I forgot about KWallet, I guess It was one of those I set it and forget it items. It never pops up on me so I haven't though about it. Glad you got it up and running.

Comment

Working...
            X