This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primary display issue with multiple monitors

I seem to have developed a slight issue with display settings in Kubuntu 16.04LTS with Plasma 5. My PC is a Dell Inspiron 600. The video card is a Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS. Display settings are working in reverse. In order for my desktop to show up on a specific monitor, I have to choose the opposite one. I have no clue why this is happening. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Detroit Bad Boy; May 14, 2016, 10:22 AM. Reason: added necessary information

Have you chosen a primary monitor? Perhaps you have not noticed in System Settings>Hardware>Display and Monitor> at the bottom of monitors are three icons, one refresh, a yellow star, and maximize. The yellow star, when selected, is your primary monitor. It will be the window that opens when you select an application. If you happen to be working in the other monitor, any application you open will open in your primary monitor. Many times that is a different screen from the one you expect the app to open. I am actually speaking for Kubuntu 14.04 LTS, but I believe it is the same for all later versions of Kubuntu. I have three monitors and my center monitor is designated as my primary. When new applications are opened, they open in on the middle screen. Hope this is useful.

Comment

I have no reason as to why this works now. Perhaps it was the update for my video card that needed to be done. Nonetheless, it works now. Many thanks for your reply.
      Last edited by Snowhog; May 18, 2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X