Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Kubuntu users in Eastern Township Canada ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Kubuntu users in Eastern Township Canada ?

Are there any Kubuntu users living in the Eastern Township Canada area ?

More precisly, the city of Drummondville ?

I am looking for someone who could help my brother possibly install Kubuntu and helping him out once in a while. He is more then a Noobie.

I am living in Montreal and my time schedule doesn't allow me to travel much.

His 2nd PC had a problem and they have to decide to either re-install Windows-XP but since his 2nd PC is kinda of slow for XP, I had suggested them a Linux base (that's where I thought of Kubuntu). They are interested but since they don't know enough about PCs, installing Kubuntu would be a hudge task for them.

I have Kubuntu install CDs that I have ordered, but sending them to him would not be enough. I would eventualy have to spend several hours over the phone to guide them into installing it and install additional packages.

So having someone over there, living in the same city would be a treamendous help.

Is there such a person available ?
    AMD Athlon XP 3000+, 2 hd (80Gb+250Gb)<br />Win XP, Ubuntu 9.04, Ubuntu server 9.04, Xubuntu 8.10, USB keyed persistent Kubuntu 8.10

Re: Any Kubuntu users in Eastern Township Canada ?

If you haven't done so already, I suggest posting on the Ubuntu forums, as well. (That's the only time you'll ever see me write that.) They have a larger membership than we do, even though most of them are significantly less friendly to new users than we are. You might luck out and find someone in your brother's neighborhood who would be willing to help.

Comment

Working...
    X