This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird formatting when creating Table of Contents

I was attempting to create a document Table of Contents.
    When the process completed, weird blue rectangles appeared in my document.
    Examples:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Paragapth.png
Views:	1
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	648950

Any ideas as to how to remove them?
    Last edited by Bumpalot; Apr 17, 2015, 12:31 PM. Reason: to correct spelling mistakes

I assume you are posting about Libre Office.

It took a while for me to figure out that I should start with any formatting in place as a function, not a direct format.

It might be that the easiest way, in the long run, would be to select the whole document and use the menu function, but right clicking and hitting "clear direct formatting" would get rid of everything and then .........know it sound stupid, but close, open and see if there is any of the offending items still there.

It may take a second go around and then when the whole document is "clear" make the TOC again.

just a thought of little worth.

woodhadformattingproblemsseveralyearsago, does it all first now smoke.

Comment

It looks like text with hyperlinks. (In fact, it looks like text copied and pasted from docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-first-steps.html ) It's probably being displayed with the "Internet Link" character style. No idea why creating a table of contents should have altered this formatting.

Try these things:
      • Select the text and press Ctrl-Shift-M "clear direct formatting". If this helps, forget the following steps.
      • The shadow and lines are probably from a style.
        • Press F11 to open the styles and formatting box. Click the second button, character styles. At the bottom, select "Applied styles" in the dropdown.
        • You should see an entry "Internet Links". Right click and select Modify...
        • In the resulting dialogue box, check and clean up the Borders tab - remove borders and shadow.
      • The grey shading, however, is probably related to fields.
        • Press Ctrl-F8 to toggle field shadings. That might clear up the issue.
        • Press Ctrl-F9 to show field names. That should confirm if they are fields.
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Working...
      X