Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application opens on inactive monitor when testdriving Kubuntu 15.04.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Application opens on inactive monitor when testdriving Kubuntu 15.04.

I downloaded and installed an ISO of Kubuntu 15.04 on a USB 3.0 stick. When I booted to the new OS, the right monitor became the default monitor.

I began configuring the desktop, but wanted to increase the font sizes to accomodate my old-man vision. I selected 'system settings' which opened on the other (and inactive) monitor. Since the mouse will not move from screen to screen, I am unable to use the open applications.

My video card is an XFX R7850 DOUBLE DISSIPATION PCI Express 3.0 2GB DDR5. I have an 8-core AMD 4GHz processor with 16GB of RAM.

I believe I need to install Catalyst to make the necessary configuration changes to allow the mouse to pass from screen to screen but do not know how to do this.

As applications seem to open on the inactive screen, how do I proceed? Thanks!

Are you sure you can't get the mouse over to the 'inactive' monitor? Have you tried moving the mouse off of the 'active' monitor by moving to the side that the other monitor isn't next to?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am sorry. I have been told this before, probably by you. I just didn't remember, something that happens altogether too often anymore. Please forgive me; no need to reply.

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Are you sure you can't get the mouse over to the 'inactive' monitor? Have you tried moving the mouse off of the 'active' monitor by moving to the side that the other monitor isn't next to?

Comment

No worries my friend. "Life" happens to all of us!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X