X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bug in writing a latin character string in Japanese text

kubuntu 14.04

I installed English as default language and added Japanese thereafter.

I was able to set up IBus + Anthy for switching between English and Japanese writing. I am usin the zenkaku-hankaku key of my Japanese keyboard.
    However there is bug appearing when writing in the Japanese mode a word in Latin characters. To write a Latin character string in a Japanese test I use the shift key (default).

Bug: When the Latin character string ends with an "n" the "n" changes to the Japanese ”ん”.The same happens with a "nn" as the last characters of a Latin string. This is wrong because I started the Latin character string with the shift key.

If I do not write a Latin string in a Japanese test using the shift key, then a single "n" should not convert to an "ん” but only a "nn" or the "n" must be follow by consonant.

This is currently the only bug I found.

Is there a counter measure available?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Are you trying to write latin text in full width characters? Im not on my Kubuntu machine right now, but I believe there is a option for doing this in the I-bus menu in the notifications area.

Comment

No i am writing in half-width latin character, This is what the shift key does change to when you are in the Japanese writing mode. However when the "ん” pops up it changes to double byte mode. In the meantime I could verify the bug on 2 other machines: Linux Mint Debian with MATE and Linux Mint 17.1 with KDE. On all machines I am using Ibus+anthy. Thus is the bug in IBus or in Anthy or in the combination of both. ?
      Last edited by 52ROSt; Dec 31, 2014, 01:34 AM.

Comment

You should probably file a bug report against anthy. https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus-anthy/+bugs

Comment

Thanks, I will do so.

Thread is flagged solved because the bug is reported but not fixed.
          Last edited by 52ROSt; Dec 25, 2014, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X