X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tcplay

Hi,

I have installed tcplay, evidently it is Truecrypt.

I can't find it in my Homerun Kicker launcher.

Any idea where the programme is located?

Thanks
    kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Open a console and type tcplay --help
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

This does not look like the programme that I am looking for. I will uninstall it.

I have found a Linux version of Truecrypt it is an .x86.tar.gz file and has hash files so that I can check the vaildity of the programme.

The hash files include: SHA256; SHA1; MD5 (evidently not secure); and a key fingerprint.

Can you advise regarding which hash tag is best and the method of checking the programme.

I assume that x86 is suitable for the older Pentium D processor.

Thanks
      kubuntu version: 16.04.5 LTS

Laptop: Toshiba-Satellite-L350

Comment

http://truecrypt.sourceforge.net/
        note the warning, but if you still want to use truecrypt, they offer an installable deb file that might still work.

tcplay won't show in your menu as it is a commandline thingy, as most of these sort of things are in Linux

Depending on what you are trying to do, a Dolphin service menu might do the trick for you , and allow for managing things from a right-click in the file manager
        In Dolphin, go to Control >> Configure Dolphin >> Services >> Download New Service.
        Once there, search for encfs
        (details on this can be found here)
        You will need to also install the encfs package if not already present.

Another option that *might* work is Cryptkeeper, which adds a tray icon to add and manage things. It is a gnome thing, but it should still work in KDE 4(just not in Plasma 5 for me)

Comment

Working...
        X