Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an application that can fix damaged files in a video? Not surface disk repa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an application that can fix damaged files in a video? Not surface disk repa

After you decode a DVD and have files that can be worked with, is there an application that can repair damaged files?

I have a couple of collections of science fiction DVD's that have begun to not always play perfectly. Areas will produce the squares of image that are present when something is wrong. It is just a few of the episodes, but I want to preserve the collections.

I am copying them using "Handbrake" and getting great quality to USB 3.0 sticks, but some are copying with problem images. My disks are in good contition, almost no evidence of wear, but since purchase, I have experienced problems with some of them. They just wouldn't load.

Currently I am getting them all to load and play with some with the problems described above.

When using Handbreak, I have opted to the highest quality of image, and use VLC for a player, so I seem to be getting higher quality images than provided by the original DVDs, at least when they don't have the problems described above.

Thanks, I hope one of you genius' has a solution.

Shab

It would depend on the nature of the damage but if you can load the video file in to a video editor you can try something like kdenlive, cut out any "damaged" clips and render the video to whatever format you want.

Comment

Thanks friend!

Comment

Working...
      X