This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing Kubuntu on Acer Aspire X

I have an Acer Aspire X and I want to install 14.04 on it.

The system will not see the 14.04 DVD, I set the boot to DVD 1st boot no luck
    went to windows 8 on the HD. Changed the HD and still the same problem,
    How do I install 14.04 on this computer, what settings do I ned to change??

Thanks in Advance Richard

Have you tried a usb stick instead of a dvd? Have you checked the md5sum of the dvd?

Comment

+ how did you make the liveDVD ?

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I did a burn on my computer and I have used it to install 14.04 on 7 computers so far, it is good, no problems with it.
        I do not have a bootable USB, so may have to buy one if that is what it takes, but I want to boot from the DVD help

Comment

Can you 'see' the DVD from Dolphin when it is inserted? Does the device notifier pop-up?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
            Can you 'see' the DVD from Dolphin when it is inserted? Does the device notifier pop-up?
            Yes, windoze sees the DVD but will not boot from it, tried a different HD, still the same, tried to change the CMOS but no help there, any other ideas??

Keeps asking for a bootable media

Comment

Does your bios have an option to boot from a specific device ... like hitting F12 to throw up a menu of attached bootable devices?
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by 1richard View Post
                The system will not see the 14.04 DVD, I set the boot to DVD 1st boot no luck
                went to windows 8 on the HD.
                The "fast start" feature in Windows 8 might be the culprit. If you don't know how to disable that, a quick Google search will help.

Comment

Working...
                X