Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After new install of Kubuntu 14.10, I am unable to connect with the Internet.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After new install of Kubuntu 14.10, I am unable to connect with the Internet.

With so many problems in my previous install, it was recommended that I install fresh. To avoid some of the problems after the install, I decided to upgrade to Kubuntu 14.10. The install had problems and several packages had to be fixed prior to restart. Upon restart, I lost my connection with the Internet.

As I recall when I install from a CD ISO, one of the things you do at the beginning of the installation is check a box suggesting connection with the Internet. This problem occurred because I upgraded from K14.04 to K14.10 so installing without Internet connection is something I have yet to face. I looked for ways to make the connection, but couldn't find any. I am getting a bit depressed with all the trouble I have. It is like demons have entered my computer. Does anyone have an idea how to get the connection working?

Quick simple sledgehammer fix... If you have no other machine to use - Get a friend to DL a new Kubuntu 14.10 CD/DVD/USB and re-install from there.
    To understand true frustration, one must only go so far as to install Linux!!! and then came Kubuntu and the World is at peace again

Comment

I finally installed, but this time graphics were way off. I attempted installing 13.10 and noticed something in the partitioning process that is probably the culprit for a couple of years problems. I believe my poor computer has been trying to overcome a mistake I must have made a couple of installations ago. I posted the problem, but the problem is so complex now that it takes a lot of paper to get an explanation that may be understood. I am really stuck though, because I think the problem really needs to be fixed, and I do not think any kind of re-install will be successful; in fact I may lose my dual boot if I try what I think needs to be done.

The damage done by not seeing the problem has also slowed my 8-core to 25mhz speed at times and did not let me in the BIOS for a while.

I am just sick about this. I have probably lost all the patience of you who may be of help to me. You guys have helped me keep my computer running over and over and over, with solutions that probably had no long term chance of fixing my problem, because I just plain did not notice the problem until now, a couple of years later. Oh well, because of the seriousness of the problem, I will wait a bit before I try my own solution. Then if I don't break the BIOS, I will probably have to re-install both Window 7 and Kubuntu, and lose all of my data. Thanks for trying to help. Whatever happens from now on, I will get my machine working probably, however, likely with total loss of data and the arduous task of installing and configuring two OS's. Nonetheless, you guys all have been great in helping me. You can't fix a problem that does not include all pertinent information. Cudos

Originally posted by zebedeeboss View Post
      Quick simple sledgehammer fix... If you have no other machine to use - Get a friend to DL a new Kubuntu 14.10 CD/DVD/USB and re-install from there.

Comment

Working...
      X