Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unwanted Power Management Image has returned.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unwanted Power Management Image has returned.

My Desktop Background with widgets and unwanted power management image covering Analog Clock Widget.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UnWntPwMgmntScn.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	648702

Unwanted Image only over part of Analog Clock Widget.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UnWntdImageOnly.png
Views:	1
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	648703

My Desktop has a hidden Drop Down Kmenu Panel at the top of the screen (located here for over 20 years, so it's relatively important to me). In this case, the unwanted image is located over the Kmenu Icon, a digital clock/calendar, and system widgets. When the Kmenu button is selected, the unwanted image disrupts other items on the menu as well.

Believe me, the unwanted widget is a great tool, but it is immovable and located in a very bad place. It is a less important tool than the images and data it disrupts. Can it be removed?

Thanks!

If you unlock the desktop widgets (right mouse click on an unoccupied location on the desktop and choose "Unlock Widgets") what happens when you mouse over the offending image? If it has a standard widget menu try clicking on the "X" option to kill it.

I'm sure you must have tried doing this simple procedure ... however, maybe you missed it.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Thanks. It went away when I unlocked widgets, but that has happened many times, and it usually returns pretty fast. It is not a normal widget, though, I have tried as you suggested and it does not provide a window with options.

Once, I clicked on an arrow that opens hidden applieations and puts them on the panel, and right click on a power item did make them go away, but I am not sure it did not happen just like now, which has yet to be permanent.

It is a very good application, and most users keep their start panel on the bottom, so it probably doesn't offend anyone enough to want to remove it, and it does, in fact, provide some pretty great info, but for over 20 years, I have worked with the panel on the top of the screen, so I really hate to change that. It is quite strange for a kubuntu application to not be configurable by at least being able to move it. Nevertheless, my first choice is to have it located on the panel where I could click on the item and have the information appear, rather than be forced to have it occupy desk space I have a better use. Good to hear from you again Rod, thanks for the try; I am going to stick with this one until I find a solution. Otherwise, if no one is offended by a certain immovable image, the developers might start intruding on desk space that will further remove the freedom we have enjoyed so much with the magnificent configuration ability they have provided.

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
      If you unlock the desktop widgets (right mouse click on an unoccupied location on the desktop and choose "Unlock Widgets") what happens when you mouse over the offending image? If it has a standard widget menu try clicking on the "X" option to kill it.

I'm sure you must have tried doing this simple procedure ... however, maybe you missed it.

Comment

My current operating system seems to be unreasonably increasing in problems. Many of the existing problems seem unable to be repaired. I am currently upgrading to Kubuntu 14.10 in an attempt to resolve all problems. Thanks for your attempt to help.

Comment

Working...
        X