Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone remember a blue, folder widget with a yellow star on it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone remember a blue, folder widget with a yellow star on it?

A couple of years ago in a previous version of Kubuntu, there was a widget in the selection that appeared as a blue folder with a yellow star on it.

I really liked that widget. It would allow me to put a library of my photographs, movies, and favorite music, with appropriate Icons for each, on my default panel.. I haven't been able to find an alternate widget that has the ability to provide same. Is a widget with the same capability available? Thanks!

Here in 12.04 there is a widget that appears as a yellow star (no folder background icon though). It's called "Bookmarks". Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

You can manage the bookmarks to suit what you want. I think on my system it's getting the bookmarks I've imported from Firefox into ReKonq some time ago.
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
      A couple of years ago in a previous version of Kubuntu, there was a widget in the selection that appeared as a blue folder with a yellow star on it.
      You probably mean the "Quick Access" widget. It's installable from the repos as "plasma-widget-quickaccess"

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate....

If one clicks on a "regular folder" and goes to properties, and then clicks the folder icon there is a blue folder with a yellow star that is called "folder favourites".

There is not any chance that you took things into your own hands and set up that particular folder in "the folder folder thingy", and put all that stuff in there?

it is not a "widget" but.... with a little fiddlin', there used to be a FF addon that would let one place "links" to websites, it was called...I think...prizm... and I used to do that a lot, make a link to a place, add an appropriate icon and put them in a regular folder on the desktop.

Just askin'.

woodsmoke

Comment

No, but thanks for the help. It was a blue folder with a yellow star in the center of it. I am currently using the blur folder offered in the current widgets. I prefer the other, because it allowed you to change the Icon. For Movies I used the DVD Icon, for Photographs, I used a Camera Icon, but the current folder has an unconfigurable Icon, so I use it for Pictures and it works OK. I just prefer my chosen aesthetics. For instance, for the Dolphin application, I use the Bluefish Icon. The blue fish tells me its the Dolphin application, just as the DVD Icon reminds me of a DVD rental, and the Camera reminds me of Photographs. I don't have to think what is in the blue folder. A bit irrelevant, I suppose, but it works for me. If you like color, like I, right-click on the blue/white Kmenu Icon, then click on the Kmenu Icon in the window that appears, then scroll through the icons that show. They are alphabetical, so go to the K's and you will find a beautiful and colorful Kmenu Icon. Select it and your Blue/White Kmenu Icon will become quite beautiful and multicolored. I am a prisoner to my vocation, an artist.

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
          Here in 12.04 there is a widget that appears as a yellow star (no folder background icon though). It's called "Bookmarks". Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

You can manage the bookmarks to suit what you want. I think on my system it's getting the bookmarks I've imported from Firefox into ReKonq some time ago.

Comment

Working...
          X