Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change System Settings to accommodate 12 as a minimum font size?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change System Settings to accommodate 12 as a minimum font size?

When I open System Settings in Kubuntu 13.10, the fonts do not fit the space allowed for them. I get abbreviations and am unable to see the descriptions for the various entries. I am old and prefer my minimum font size to be 12 anymore. I have to strain my eyes to figure out the minimum font sizes used as default on most applications. I adjust for this when I select my favorite font sizes, but certain application make the container for the icon and data fixed and not expandable to accommodate those who select larger default font sizes. In many applications those containers can be dragged to make them large enough so that larger font sizes will fit without being abbreviated. Is this something that a novice can adjust in the KDE application? Thanks!

I am embarrassed, when I entered this post, I was in the process of configuring my system. Nonetheless, until I closed and then opened the System Settings directory, the problem I refer to existed. Nevertheless, when I restarted the System Settings again, the font sizes fit like they should.

I don't really know why I get embarrassed like this; it is common for me to make this kind of mistake; the learning process seems to take a bit longer for me. Sorry for those of you whose time was wasted reading this *&^%*(post).
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; May 18, 2014, 06:53 PM. Reason: stupidity

Heck, man, don't be embarrassed! It is all good. I am happy that it is all working for you in the end.

EDIT: oops, we don't have the Happy Dance smiley, or many happy-t
    hemed smilies

Comment

We can't not have a happy dancing smiley, so there ya go claydoh. Dance away.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I forget that not all vbulletin smilies are not always there by default, usually it is a dancing banana, but the snoopy dance is a boon!

Thanks!

Comment

Dancing bananas! Posh!! Only a dancing Snoopy is good enough for us!
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It works in most areas; I will live with the other problems. The effort has been exhaustive without an understandable solution.

Comment

Working...
            X