This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to put the status bar back

Solved: I understand that all of the elements on the status bar are widgets so I need to know which widget to put on my task bar so that each running application is represented there by an icon, which widget do I put on my status bar?
    Last edited by jbcohen; Aug 22, 2013, 03:41 PM.

Originally posted by jbcohen View Post
    I understand that all of the elements on the status bar are widgets so I need to know which widget to put on my task bar so that each running application is represented there by an icon, which widget do I put on my status bar?
    The task manager widget.
    Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
    Always consider Occam's Razor
    Rich

Comment

that "status bar" is called the "panel" and yes it is the "task manager widget"that you want to add to the panel ........

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Look above for "Thread Tools" and click on it. The option for solved, when you check it, will put your Solved on your post entry. That way people who are trying to help you won't have to use time reading a solved post. Since you replied the way you did with your solved:, I thought you might want to know.
        Originally posted by jbcohen View Post
        Solved: I understand that all of the elements on the status bar are widgets so I need to know which widget to put on my task bar so that each running application is represented there by an icon, which widget do I put on my status bar?

Comment

If you just want an icon representing an app (similar to Windows 7 or Ubuntu Unity launcher) try the Icon-Only Task Manager widget rather than the old style Task Manager. I like it a great deal and it's quite configurable (as is everything in Kubuntu).
          Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
          Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Working...
          X