X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Schedule

Hi,

Kinda new with Kubuntu so please bear with me. I would like to know if there is a way to set an update schedule in Kubuntu. Is there a way to set it so that it scans for updates at particular times and notifies me immediately?

Thanks in advance.

By default, it does that daily. You won't be notified if there aren't any updates.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks!

That's what I figured but over the last week or so I've run Muon Update Manger twice and each time it showed that there were updates available for my computer. It never alerted me to the updates, rather I don't think I would have known of them unless I had checked manually. Does Kubuntu only alert you of important/security Kubuntu updates? The updates I received were for Thunderbird and I think Java.

Thanks again.

Comment

Check to see if muon-updater is installed (it is here). I'm not sure it is installed by default.

Comment

Thanks!

I have Muon Update Manager installed. Is that what you mean?

Comment

Check also for muon-notifier.

Comment

Thanks!

Nope. I don't seem to have Muon Notifier. I check the Muon Software Center and I didn't see it. How do go about getting that one?

Comment

Don't look in the Muon Software Center. Run the Muon Package Manager instead. You will find it there.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks again!

I looked in the Muon Package Manager and I do indeed have the Muon Notifier installed.

Comment

Run Muon Package Manager. Click on Settings and provide your password. Click on the Updates tab. Under Automatic updates ensure that Check for updates: is checked. Set the interval in the drop-down to what you want; I use Daily. I opt to only be notified of available updates (and I recommend this), so also check the Only notify about available updates.

Comment

I checked the settings and they appear to be as you have described they should.

Thanks for your help.

I think I'll chalk it up to another Linux bug. Not a big deal, of course. I'd rather deal with this petty stuff than use/pay for Windows or Mac OS X any day.

Thanks again! By the way, I have an old high school buddy that lives in Wasilla.

Comment

Run Muon Update Manager. Click on Settings > Configure Muon Update Manager... and ensure that Available updates and Distribution upgrades and Use both popups and tray icons are all checked.

Comment

Working...
                        X