X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doc and pdf merge

Hi

If one searches the net about ".pdf" merge one gets some very (NOT) helpful posts about "pdftk", usually, which is CLI and there are some very breezy, chirpy, comments about "use some script like this to merge some files like this"...

The normal way that people who have been completely at ease for decades, or more, with CLI talk to other people who are completely at ease with CLI.

However, that doesn't help the rest of us very much. Like in just what particular part of the file structure does one open the terminal? Are other commands associated with it, etc.

Actually, the old woodsmoker has used the CLI to merge some .pdfs when I was first starting to publish online books and had to merge a variety of things from different applications.

HOWEVEeeeeverrrrrr.......

Good news for all us non-geek speak people!

There is a GUI in the repos! lol

It is called "pdfchain".

It can be found by searching for the name or for "pdf merge".

After install it is found under menu/office/pdfchain.

pdfchain has a VERY simple interface, just a plus sign and a minus sign and a save as etc. There are some options.

As an aside there are also PDF Split and Merge and PDF-Shuffler which have a GUI but I have used neither; perhaps someone else can speak to them.

The reason for inclusion of .doc in the title is that LO etc. have an export to pdf.

If anyone has questions I will be glad to answer them but don't know that there is much that I can add.

woodsmoke
Working...
X