Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monitor[s] locked on Desktop Image with cursors on both screens.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor[s] locked on Desktop Image with cursors on both screens.

ABANDONED Apparently I will have to re-install to solve the problem.Kubuntu 13.04
    KDE 4.10.2
    Acer 22" Monitor
    ViewSonic 27" Monitor
    AMD 8Core 4.2ghz+
    16gb DDR3 1866 RAM
    XFX 2gb DDR5 Video Card
    256gb SSD
    TB HHD
    TB HHD
    2ea DVDRW

Both monitors have an active cursor. Left monitor has magnified schreen which only contains an anolog clock widget, a disk usage widget, a network monitor widget, and a weather widget. The images exceed the borders of the screen. The right screen has the default Kubuntu 13.04 desktop wallpaper. Without depressing either mouse key, when I move the mouse in any direction the images of the desktop widgets move in opposite direction.

Esc Key, restart. shut-down and restart, do not reset the screen problem. I can open certain applications, because the Kmenu panel appears when the cursor hits the screen edge. The applications will open, however, any movement of the mouse changes the position of the on-screen image, just as it did the desktop widgets. The network widget and clock seem to be working properly. The panel menu functions. My computer is more-or-less useless until I find what caused the problem. This may have been caused by inadvertent depressing of Alt+ another key. ScreenPrint doesn't seem to work. Please help me, I searched Catalyst for any configuration possibilities that might help. Nothing helped.
    Last edited by Shabakthanai; May 29, 2013, 10:03 PM.

ABANDONED Apparently I will have to re-install to solve the problem.

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
    Kubuntu 13.04
    KDE 4.10.2
    Acer 22" Monitor
    ViewSonic 27" Monitor
    AMD 8Core 4.2ghz+
    16gb DDR3 1866 RAM
    XFX 2gb DDR5 Video Card
    256gb SSD
    TB HHD
    TB HHD
    2ea DVDRW

Both monitors have an active cursor. Left monitor has magnified schreen which only contains an anolog clock widget, a disk usage widget, a network monitor widget, and a weather widget. The images exceed the borders of the screen. The right screen has the default Kubuntu 13.04 desktop wallpaper. Without depressing either mouse key, when I move the mouse in any direction the images of the desktop widgets move in opposite direction.

Esc Key, restart. shut-down and restart, do not reset the screen problem. I can open certain applications, because the Kmenu panel appears when the cursor hits the screen edge. The applications will open, however, any movement of the mouse changes the position of the on-screen image, just as it did the desktop widgets. The network widget and clock seem to be working properly. The panel menu functions. My computer is more-or-less useless until I find what caused the problem. This may have been caused by inadvertent depressing of Alt+ another key. ScreenPrint doesn't seem to work. Please help me, I searched Catalyst for any configuration possibilities that might help. Nothing helped.

Comment

ABANDONED Apparently I will have to re-install to solve the problem.

Originally posted by Shabakthanai View Post
      Kubuntu 13.04
      KDE 4.10.2
      Acer 22" Monitor
      ViewSonic 27" Monitor
      AMD 8Core 4.2ghz+
      16gb DDR3 1866 RAM
      XFX 2gb DDR5 Video Card
      256gb SSD
      TB HHD
      TB HHD
      2ea DVDRW

Comment

Working...
      X