This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidentally remove default widget.

The Panel Widget that contains Volume Control, Clipboard, etc. is missing. I inadvertently moved it from the panel to the desktop; then I removed it from the desktop foolishly assuming I could easily reinstall it from the widget listings. Is there a way to return it to the panel using the konsole? If so, what command would I enter - or is there an easier way to accomplish this using a GUI? What would its name be? What is the path to where it is stored? TIA!

Right-click on the panel > Panel Options > Add Widgets... and re-install System Tray
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Right-click on the panel > Panel Options > Add Widgets... and re-install System Tray
      lol You are such a good friend. No Hee-Haw, no razzing. I have passed over that widget a couple of hundred times and never got curious enough to see what it was. Such a thing to bother the forum with. But you know, when you restart your computer, and the sound is so loud you blow your socks off, it is kind of nice to be able to lower the volume without having to scramble for the speaker adjustment. I am still lol. It was worth the intrusion just for the laugh. Thanks, and good day to you, sir. I hope that not a presumption. Your icon isn't wearing pants or showing his hardware, so I guess it's a guess. No offense intended if it's an emasculated girl penguin.

Comment

Emasculating a girl penguin... difficult, I'd say. Maybe you've got the wrong word there.

Regards, John Little
        Regards, John Little

Comment

That's "Sherlock Tux".
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X