X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back-up and restore

Hi,
    I intend to do a clean install soon and will need to back-up and restore K Wallet, bookmarks from Konqueror,and mail files from Kontact, if possible it would also be handy to back-up my email account settings.

Any assistance will be much appreciated and thanks to anybody that has helped in the past John

PS this article may be of interest and amuse
    http://www.internetnews.com/security...le.php/3624861

Re: Back-up and restore

I personally make backups of /etc /home and a couple of other custom partitions. I do this with a simple tar command and save the backups somewhere and also have them on a rewritable DVD.

I do this each and every single day as it runs via cron(automatically).

Comment

Hi and thanks,
      but I do only want to back-up the files I mentioned.

Regards John

Comment

Very easily done. Just have tar compress the directories where those files are and/or put all the files you want into a directory you make then compress that directory. It's very easily done.

Comment

Hi again,
          sorry I was not specific enough, It knowing the location and name of those files that is the root of the problem.
          Thanks for assistance John

Comment

I, too need the location of Konqueror's bookmarks, need to import into opera from dapper on another partition.

Is there a list, as windows has, of files and what they are and are used for?

Comment

Working...
            X