• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehlo people of the forum....Fast Question

Where can I download an ISO image file with the repos 4 kubuntu 12.10

thanks 2 all...

http://www.kubuntu.org/

Comment

I think he is asking if there are iso images for the repositories, which would be quite large and thus not easily available as an iso

Comment

You get the rigth idea....

It`s OK, claydoh that was what I need see I don´t have full access 2 Internet as you people when I want 2 try some I need repos then in my home I recreate the scenario (publish the repos, and fun begins) I don´t know how 2 get these repos files if any one could help please do it ....Thanks 2 all in the forum...C us soon..Stryder

Comment

Originally posted by Stryder View Post
          It`s OK, claydoh that was what I need see I don´t have full access 2 Internet as you people when I want 2 try some I need repos then in my home I recreate the scenario (publish the repos, and fun begins) I don´t know how 2 get these repos files if any one could help please do it ....Thanks 2 all in the forum...C us soon..Stryder
          I do not believe there is going to be a easy way for you to do this , the standard repos contain over 40,000 packages (files) .
          you say you do not have FULL access to Internet ? what do you have .

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

thanks 2 all...
            try to buy some dvd repository..
            may be it's about 7 or 8 dvd's.
            the iso is more than 40Gb (as i heard from my senior)..
            (sorry for bad english,..)

Comment

thanks 2 all...

This is actually really easy to do but it requires a little work and time. Essentially what you need to do is buy a cheap external hard drive (~80GB should be more than enough). Now rsync the repos from sources lists to the hard drive. Install Apache to the laptop and symlink the various repos to /var/www. Start Apache web-server and go into your sources and change them to localhost/<repo name>. Update your sources with sudo apt-get update and you can have all the offline fun you want. Then when you want to update your computer. Just reconnect to the internet rsync the repos from the hard drive to those on the server and update you computer offline again.

Essentially what I am trying to tell you is to essentially set-up your own repos by cloning other ones. If you want I can guide you through it. I've done this before for people with a terrible and expensive internet connection. I used to just take an updated hard drive along with me when visiting. I'd update their hard drive and all the computers on the home network updates from that hard drive using a local Apache install on the one computer.

This is the easiest route I know.

Comment

Originally posted by saif32 View Post
                try to buy some dvd repository..
                may be it's about 7 or 8 dvd's.
                the iso is more than 40Gb (as i heard from my senior)..
                (sorry for bad english,..)
                Debian provides their entire release on CD or DVD. But that’s generally quite old stuff and doesn't allow easy updating like my solution does.

Comment

Working...
                X