X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having trouble with nero

trying to install nero linux i get this message

error processing system cannot access archive no such file or directory error where encountered while processing please help need to install

Re: having trouble with nero

what file extension is it (.deb, .rpm, .tar.gz, etc.)? what have you done to try and install it? where did you get the file? do you have all of its dependencies installed? thanks.

john

Comment

this what the filename is nerolinux-2.1.0.1-x86.deb i got it from nero.com

Comment

i right clicked on it and clicked on kubuntu package menu then hit install as somebody said in the installing nero post but it doesnt work

Comment

also i have now gotten to where it will try to install it but comes up with this operating system debian gnu/linux version testing unstable what does that mean and what can i do about it

Comment

A perusal of the Nero site indicates that nero-linux is compatible with Debian 3.0 or 3.1 Neither of those distributions is compatible with (K)Ubuntu. You can try it, but, as you seem to have found out, it might not work because of differences in libraries.

Besides, there is a free (both as in speech and beer) CD burning program for KDE that is widely used in the Linux world. It is called K3B and, if it's not already installed on your machine, you can install it in a few seconds and set it up in not much more than that.

Comment

but i want to burn a dvd on it and i cant do that with k3b nero goes in converts and burns it can k3b do that

Comment

Yes

Comment

hope

Comment

how

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have any blank DVDs to try at the moment, but my k3b comes up with 6 buttons showing on the bottom of the splash. One of them is called Burn DVD iso image. I assume that it would just burn it the same way it burns Data DVDs, Data CDs, and CD iso's, all of which I've done.

LATER: It occured to me that you might be trying to either copy and existing DVD or Burn video. Both of those items are on the "Tools" menu.

Comment

Hi,
                        I take it that what you mean is that you need Nero recode to compress a dvd 9 dual layer disc to fit on a standard single layer disc there is a program Kb9 which will do this for you. there are others as well also I am told that DVD shrink works well running under wine. Purely for backup I'm sure.

Regards John

Comment

no i want to convert an avi file to put on dvd with no hassle with one program instead going in to konsole doinmg all that **** i just want it to convert it and burn it all in one

Comment

sorry cannot help you there but I would try the doom9 net Linux forum if you dont get a positive answer here.

Regards John

Comment

trying to find a way to make an avi file to dvd please help anybody

Comment

Working...
                              X