This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Installation on Device

i have 4 devices shown on where to install kubuntu.

sda1
    sda2 (main)
    sda4
    sda5

now i do believe sda5 is the paritioned HDD space i used for ubuntu back, the bytes do add up and thats where i want to install. but it gives me an error saying something about "root" or something.

i been trying to install kubuntu 12.04 for 3 days with crashes and errors and finally got it to work. i want to install it

any support? thanks
    Last edited by King Kaos; Oct 05, 2012, 11:50 AM. Reason: solved

Partitioning / Installing

now i do believe sda5 is the paritioned HDD...it gives me an error saying something about "root" or something...
    The input and the output would be helpful...
    If you have the Kubuntu LiveCD - start with it. Examine the HDD.

Few ways to examine the HDD

What the blkid command (konsole) is telling ?

Code:
    sudo blkid
    You could do "live" (1*) installations with the LiveCD - You could install the KDE partition manager /1/ or the Gnome partition manager /1/.

KDE partition manager package name is the partitionmanager. With the konsole:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install partitionmanager
    Gnome partition manager package name is the gparted. With the konsole:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install gparted
    You could examine the HDD and "create, copy, move, delete, resize without losing data, backup and restore partitions."

Both the KDE&Gnome partition managers are also available as bootable LiveCD's /1/.

Notes

(1*) The installed applications are only there until you end the session.

Links

1. http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...on-Regenerated
    Last edited by OneLine; Oct 05, 2012, 06:45 AM.
    Have you tried ?

- How to Ask a Question on the Internet and Get It Answered
    - How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Comment

thanks for the reply onelive and for the big support.

i am new to installing directly from livecd - i always used either wubi installer for windows. this way on my HDD i created a seperate drive for linux only.

since the wubi installer does not work for 12.04 (i have tried for 3 days) i had to try this.

ill try your method asap and thanks again. will post back if any more problems occur or solution is resolved.

Comment

ok i returned to windows and use wubi to install kubuntu 12.04 again but this time on the grub menue i went to option E to add "nomodeset" before the quite splash command.

and it worked, finally

thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X