Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are update notifications possible using Synaptic?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are update notifications possible using Synaptic?

Has anybody achieved this or given it any thought?
    Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Originally posted by bra|10n View Post
    Has anybody achieved this or given it any thought?
    Of course. Click on the "Repositories" menu option and on the dialog that appears choose the "Update" tab. On that tab you can choose your poison!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      Of course. Click on the "Repositories" menu option and on the dialog that appears choose the "Update" tab. On that tab you can choose your poison!
      Thank you for your reply. I have all of these options checked; daily, display immediately etc, but update notifications do not show for me in the system tray.

I asked the question in relation to Synaptic, and didn't expect tray notifications 'out of the box' with Synaptic obviously. Some investigation showed using Synaptic in conjunction with KPK was possible prior to Muon, by editing an existing file update-notifier-kde.py which is no longer part of later releases.

With regard to Muon the situation is the same. I always have notification options, popups and tray icons checked in Muon also.

However, todays updates include update-manager-core and update-manager-kde...
      Kudos to the developers

Resolved

Reading through the bug I filed late last year on this issue I noticed the fix was pushed into Muon version 1.2.3 included in Precise.
      A quick check of Muon installed in 11.10 shows only version 1.2.1.
      Last edited by bra|10n; Feb 17, 2012, 04:28 PM. Reason: Update
      Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Working...
      X