Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I view Wireless Network Settings?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I view Wireless Network Settings?

Kubuntu 6.06 works great on my laptop but I do not know where to go in KDE in order to view what wired and wireless networks I am connected to or what my wireless adapter picks up when it scans my local area for wireless signals. None of the network options that I found in 'System Settings' seem to provide me with this basic information. Where do I go and what do I do about this? Is there something that I have overlooked? Also, I noticed that whenever I am running KDE (Knoppix, Kubuntu), it always logs me on automatically to my wireless router from boot up but does not reconnect automatically when my wireless router drops its connection and I manually restore it. Gnome (Ubuntu) didn't give me this problem.

Re: How do I view Wireless Network Settings?

Kmenu>System Settings>Network Settings.

john

Comment

^ I know that already. ^

But where is the option there to configure wireless settings and to choose which wireless network I want to connect to

Comment

Click the Administrator Mode button at the bottom of the window.

john

Comment

Yeah, okay. I so to the menu-> System Settings-> Network Settings -> hit Administrator mode -> type in my password. Then I can make changes. Nowhere does this window or any of its tabs explicitly show the user where he/she can choose and modify wireless networks.

Is there anybody with the right know-how able to provide me with actual help? Or are Linux newbies generally condescended upon at these forums?

Comment

Never mind. I just installed KNetworkManager on my own from Adept. It does what I was waiting to do.

Comment

Working...
            X