Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something wrong with moving/copy files...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something wrong with moving/copy files...

Hey guys I recently had some weird errors when trying to copy or move any file to anywhere I try...will show the copy dialog with almost full copy already done...and wont show estimated time or at how much speed it goes...weird.... the copy does occur but I do not know when its going to finish or how much time going to take or if its almost done...

I think I changed something when I tried to fix my skype install 64 bits...with no success and changed to the i386 install and more stuff...

I installed these:

sudo apt-get install libxss1:i386

sudo apt-get install libqt4-core:i386

sudo apt-get install libqt4-gui:i386

sudo apt-get install libdbus-1-3:i386

help??

Re: Something wrong with moving/copy files...

any ideas

Comment

How are you moving/copying files? With Dolphin? Or what? I probably can't help you as I typically do this sort of stuff at a command line, but I just tried with Dolphin and did not see anything in its settings that controls its indicator display. That was, obviously, my first thought. I wouldn't imagine that the things you recently installed should have had any effect on the copy indicator, but I don't know.
      Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

remove your i386 versions of the qt libaries and libdbus, they have replaced the 64-bit versions and prolly causing your issue.
        all that interprocess communication happens via dbus..
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Something recently happened with the packaging of qdbus and some of the libqt4 files (in my case, libqt4-dbus). While apt and Muon didn't indicate any problems, Aptitude saw some kind of brokenness that made it suggest removing 87 packages. After a bit of digging I realized that my computer had qdbus:i386 but not qtdbus:amd64; Aptitude's dependency resolver thought this was a problem. So I simply ran

sudo apt-get install qdbus

which removed qdbus:i386 and installed qdbus:amd64. I'm not sure whether these packages are actually supposed to co-exist; I have plenty of other packges where the i386 and amd64 packages don't object to each other's presence...

Comment

So the solution is to remove those i386 and to install the amd64 version for them?? My OS is Ubuntu not Kubuntu dont know if the solution is different for kde than for gnome...so I just wanted to let you know ^^.

Thanks

P.D.

I know that I might have to be at ubuntu forums support but been using Kubuntu since 9.04 and switched at 11.04 to Ubuntu to give it a try...but I love kubuntu forums, is here where I get best support and everything in the forums is well structured and easy to work with. Thanks.

Comment

if your using Kde then yes, if your using Gnome well idk cause i don't use it.
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
                if your using Kde then yes, if your using Gnome well idk cause i don't use it.
                Really??....Isn't the libdbus same for gnome than for kubuntu? IDK...whatever Il take the risk thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                X