This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with the kmenu resize feature and return feature in 11.10

Being right handed, I found placing the panel on the upper desktop with Kmenu and other application launchers located on the right side of the computer screen best for my purposes.

I also prefer the new, rather than traditional, Kmenu.

When operating Kubuntu 11.04, I was able to resize the kmenu application launcher window and other launchers by placing the cursor on the left lower corner of the drop-down. Kubuntu 11.10 requires that you grab the lower right corner of the menu drop-down to resize the menu. Unfortunately this does not permit you to resize the width of the drop-down, because you are bound by the right border of the desktop.

How can I change this feature like it was in Kubuntu 11.04?

Here is the drop-down that appears, expanded to Internet choices, when I click on the Kmenu applications launcher.

Applications

Games Akregator
    Graphics Arora
    Internet > BlueDevil
    Multimedia Firefox Web Browser
    Office Kmail
    Settings Konqueror
    System Kopete
    Utilities KPPP
    Wine Ktorrent
    Lost&Found Pidkin Internet Messenger
    Help Quassel IRC
    rekonq
    Thunderbird Mail
    uGet

Previously when running Kubuntu 11.04, if I wanted to return from Akregator to the first level of Applications to make a different selection (for example: System), because I couldn't find what I was looking for when I selected Internet>, I would simply click on the area to the left of Akregator, and the second level list would return to the first level list; I could then select System>.

Upon upgrading to Kubuntu 11.10, when I want to return from the second level list to the first level list, I have to close the drop-down and open it again. The area to the left of Akregator is no longer active to return to level 1. This is a problem, because, at least in my case, this happens a lot; the uprade has made the process more difficult.

How do I make an area to the left of the second level list so that I can return to the first level list, without having to close the application launcher and reopen it?

Thanks!

Working...
X