Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a'

I was trying to setup ddclient to keep my dynamic IP Updated and now I get this error when I try to update anything. Please help
    Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows!<br /><br />Linux : Because you wouldnt put a Porsche&#39;s engine in a Pinto<br /><br />case : HAF 932<br />mother board: ASUS p5e3<br />processor: Intel e8500 3.16 GHz<br />RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600<br />power supply: Corsair 850W<br />video card: GeForce 8400

Re: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to cor

do what it sead ........... open a terminal and enter

Code:
    sudo dpkg --configure -a
    and press enter .....post any errors.

what was the last thing you installed ....did it finish ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to cor

VINNY
      I read your post so I tried it again and it worked. I went back to the logs from last night and see that I spelled it wrong.

jason@Jason-PC:~$ sudo dpkg --confgiure -a
      dpkg: unknown option --confgiure

I thought I was missing a step somewhere. Thanks for your reply I have been searching for a fix to something that was just my error!

Now if I could just change the directory to a different drive I would be happy. This is how I tried to do this, can you please tell me what i am missing?

jason@Jason-PC:~$ sudo mkdir /media/sdb1/ftp
      [sudo] password for jason:
      jason@Jason-PC:~$ sudo usermod -d /media/sdb1/ftp ftp
      usermod: no changes
      jason@Jason-PC:~$

Thanks for all your help!
      Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows!<br /><br />Linux : Because you wouldnt put a Porsche&#39;s engine in a Pinto<br /><br />case : HAF 932<br />mother board: ASUS p5e3<br />processor: Intel e8500 3.16 GHz<br />RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600<br />power supply: Corsair 850W<br />video card: GeForce 8400

Comment

Working...
      X