This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine and Dungeo Siege 3?

I'm a little new to the WINE emulator but I wanted to know if I bought Dungeon Siege 3, anyone know will it work on WINE? I have read reports that Dungeon Siege 2 works on Wine but that was a few years ago and the complaint then was that it was slow? I've got it pre-ordered for the XBOX 360 and thought I might switch it to Windows but would like to know if it will work before I do that!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Wine and Dungeo Siege 3?

1. Wine Is Not an Emulator (as its name clearly states )

2. http://appdb.winehq.org <- wine's application database will be helpful.

3. very hard to tell w/ stuff before its released. so i wouln't ever preorder a game for windows to use on wine. i would at least wait to try a demo first if no data is in the appdb
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Wine and Dungeo Siege 3?

very hard to tell w/ stuff before its released. so i wouln't ever preorder a game for windows to use on wine. i would at least wait to try a demo first if no data is in the appdb
      And even then it's a crap shoot. I have a game (Witcher 2) that others in the appdb say they have it working; following their instructions exactly, I get nothing.
      You will most likely find that getting the game to work is more of a challenge than the game itself, and in some cases, just plain impossible. Sorry to have to say that, but that has been my experience. Some people say that if you buy the Crossover package it goes better, but most of the games I want to play aren't on their list.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
      X