X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attachments in Thunderbird

Hi,
    Since the new version of kubuntu 11.04 I have problems with emails attachments. Often if I do a double click on the attached file to open it kubuntu crashes completely. Even if I do a right-click and click on open most times kubuntu crashes. Only if I do a right-click and click on save I can save the file and open it in Dolphin.
    What can I do?
    Regards, Sigurd

Re: Attachments in Thunderbird

Have you Tried to use Other browsers like Chrome or Firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerx
      Have you Tried to use Other browsers like Chrome or Firefox?
      Thunderbird is not a browser...anyway nto sure whats causing thunderbird to crash and do the same for kubuntu but maybe are the gnome dependencies of thunderbird...so give a try to Kmail comes out of the box with Kubuntu...so should have it already installed...just set up there the account and give it a try....

Just a thought try out going to your browser access you email account and delete those messages you dont need...Sometimes when you have like 500 o 90 or big number of messages in you inbox it just crashes cause of the update and download of messages...just a guess.

Comment

Hi,
        Of course Thunderbird is an email client and Firefox is a browser. Since the new version of kubuntu 11.04 I have these problems with files attached (Thunderbird) or files to download (Firefox). With kubuntu 10.10 everything was fine. And it does not solve problems to change email clients or browsers. So is there anybody who has a good idea?
        Regards, Sigurd

Comment

It may be that your thunderbird profile has not handled the OS upgrade well. Do an export of your address book and your calendar if you use Lightning.

Rename (DO NOT DELETE) the hidden folder .thunderbird in your /home directory and then load thunderbird. That will create a new profile and an "as new" version of the program. You may need to reinstall any extensions.

If your mail folders are within the .thunderbird folder copy (not move) them from the old to the new one. Also the address book and calendar (although you can import the backups you made instead if you wish).

My belief is that this will solve your problem. However, if it does not (or if something does not work) you can always go back simply by reinstating the old profile.

HTH

Comment

Hi,
            Today there was a new download of Thunderbird. I installed it and everything works fine now. I can open attached file with a double click again. Problem solved.
            Regards, Sigurd

Comment

Excellent

Would you mind editing the title of your first post, to include the word "solved" in it?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X