This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved - Kmix missing from System tray

Don't know what I have done but Kmix is missing from my system tray.

I can see Kmix icon in the Kickoff Application Launcher and when I click on it appears to try and start I t see to try and start (I can see it momentarily in the task bar manager)

Many thanks for any help in advance (warning I am a real newbie!)

Re: Kmix missing from System tray

(Not 100% sure, using Debian at the moment.)

Try RIGHT click on the panel/tray and choose from the options?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Do you see it if you click the arrow on the tray? You can set up icons in device notifier to either display or not display. Maybe it's just hidden?
      we see things not as they are, but as we are.
      -- anais nin

Comment

I'm having a similar issue:

On start-up, kmix is not in the system tray, and there is no volume control.
        Manually starting kmix (kmenu -> multimedia -> kmix) restores the system tray icon (which is already set to "Always Visible") and volume control.

On a possibly related note, the system seems to be ignoring the autostart settings; I have it set to start Kopete on log-in, and neither it (Kopete) nor kmix are starting at log-in...

Your thoughts?

Hardware: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607<br />OS: Kubuntu 11.10 (KDE 4.7.2), Windows Vista Home Premium (SP 2)

Comment

Well, I found one way to solve my own issue:

1.) Set kmix as one of the autostart applications from System Settings (KMenu -> Computer -> System Settings -> System Administration -> Startup and Shutdown -> Autostart). Then, reboot the computer.

2.) From the log-in screen, select the KDE radio button (rather than default or none) from the desktop manager menu. Log in as normal.

Hopefully this helps the OP as well!
          Hardware: Toshiba Satellite A205-S4607<br />OS: Kubuntu 11.10 (KDE 4.7.2), Windows Vista Home Premium (SP 2)

Comment

When KDE4 came out, I accidentally removed KMIX fro the tray' and was going crazy, because it took me a few days to figure out that I could add the widget back to my taskbar. I even reinstalled kubuntu, but since I have a separate /home disk- it didn't help
            Registered Linux User 545823

Comment

Duh turns out that I had removed the system tray from the bottom panel on my desk top.

I have restored the system tray to this panel and it's now all good.

Comment

Working...
              X