X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preventing screen blanking...

Hi

How can I prevent the screen from blanking after a while ?

OW

Re: Preventing screen blanking...

Well, if you can give some more information in how the screen "blanks" perhaps we can help..the question you've asked is sort of like "how do I change the time on my clock." We don't know the make, model, any information at all. So, if you can post some information, such as lspci I believe the command is, so that we can see hardware information. Also, explain how the screen "blanks" and what you've tried to do to solve it, and if you remember what your doing before hand. Any error messages shown on the screen would also be useful.
    Computer Lie #1: You&#39;ll never use all that disk space.<br />FATAL SYSTEM ERROR: Press F13 to continue...<br />The box said, &quot;Requires Windows 7 Home Edition or better&quot; ..so I installed Linux<br />My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.<br />Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaay...

Comment

This topic isn't new. Do some searching before you post please.

Please Read Me

Comment

HI

Here is the output from lspci:

le@ole-DA378A-ABY-6545-DK900:~$ lspci
        00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8375 [KM266/KL266] Host Bridge
        00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8633 [Apollo Pro266 AGP]
        00:0b.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10)
        00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
        00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
        00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82xxxxx UHCI USB 1.1 Controller (rev 80)
        00:10.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 82)
        00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8235 ISA Bridge
        00:11.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT823x/A/C PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
        00:11.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)
        01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 MX 440] (rev a3)
        ole@ole-DA378A-ABY-6545-DK900:~$

ow

Comment

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3111845.0

Comment

Hi

Thank You very much for Your answers to my screen blanking problems. The command xset -dpms have solved my problem.
            But now I wonder how to auto execute the command at boot?

OW

Comment

The settings you need are within power management in the system settings. You can stop it going to sleep there.

Also take a look within the display section - if the screensaver has been set to come on automatically but no screensaver has actually been assigned the screen will go blank (although mouse or keyboard activity will bring it back to life).

Comment

Working...
              X