This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no go

hello all well yes im completely new to linux and i am trying kubuntu 10.10 it installed great i must say very nice to use, but then i did the updates it wanted to do one of them being nvidia stuff maybe this is my problem i dont get to gui anymore startx doesnt work my computer has 2 nv 460 sli..... im stuck at the moment and have read old posts but still stuck any help appreciated thanx phil

Re: no go

So what exactly is the problem? You have no GUI's of any kind?

Comment

Try...removing your old xorg.conf:
      $ sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf
      then reboot.
      "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Might be better to rename rather than remove it, though - just in case there's something in there you might need.

sudo mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.broken
        we see things not as they are, but as we are.
        -- anais nin

Comment

ill try the tips when i get home tonite..thanx and no there is no gui whatsoever and it say the nvidia driver failed and cant find a screen,, ok if the removal of xorg.conf works how do i get nvid cards to function because its very sluggish in vesa ? thanx phil

Comment

Originally posted by wannabe
            ill try the tips when i get home tonite..thanx and no there is no gui whatsoever and it say the nvidia driver failed and cant find a screen,, ok if the removal of xorg.conf works how do i get nvid cards to function because its very sluggish in vesa ? thanx phil
            If the driver failed to load it's not an X problem. Try reinstalling the driver.
            we see things not as they are, but as we are.
            -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
            X