X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touchpad Smart Mode

My touchpad is jumpy while typing. Attempted yet unsuccessful solutions:
    • SmartMode to disable while typing would be fantastic, but I cannot find information on how to actually get it to work. It is not available in my System Settings -> Input Devices -> Touchpad. I cannot figure out how else to get kcm-touchpad/kde-config-touchpad or tpconfig to do anything. Nor can I even find packages to correspond to touchfreeze or synaptiks/ksynaptic.
    • Toggle button above the touchpad is lighted, changes colors when depressed, but does not seem to do much else. Can I use KeyTouch or something else to configure this button, or else another keyboard shortcut to toggle touchpad on/off.

xinput lists "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad."

Suggestions/help anyone?

Re: Touchpad Smart Mode

In the touchpad section make sure that sensitivity is set at the low end.

Also remember that the settings for the mouse are equally valid for the touchpad. For example altering the pointer acceleration setting works for both touchpad and mouse.

Personally I have never seen KDE offer the "turn touchpad off whilst typing" which I nelieve to be a feature of gnome.

HTH

Comment

Re: Touchpad Smart Mode

Thanks so much for your response. I will give up on the SmartMode. Any other pointers on the rest of the settings? I have tried a handful of changes and it still jumps randomly while typing. I have the sensitivity set all the way down. When I had tpconfig installed, I tried setting zthreshold and it did nothing (would not show value other than 6 out of 7 for whatever value entered).

Also, any ideas for shortcuts on toggling on/off? There is a button above the touchpad, but I have not found any other information about how to utilize it. I would not mind using an alternative shortcut, but I cannot figure out where to set this. Am I missing it in the standard shortcuts somewhere?

Comment

Working...
      X