Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create shortcuts next to "start" button?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to create shortcuts next to "start" button?

I saw this screenshot of a user's kubuntu desktop, and I want to know how they created the shortcuts at the bottom left of the screen. The guy speaks russian so I can't ask him.

I've tried to right click on the area of my instillation, but keep getting the option to add a widget.

Is this a widget that I need to have?

Thanks!

[img width=400 height=250]http://www.geeks4christ.org/kubuntuscreenshot.jpg[/img]

Re: How to create shortcuts next to "start" button?

Right-click the application on the menu and select "Add to panel"
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Better is to add the Quicklaunch widget. Then, right-click on the Quicklaunch and choose Add Laucher... and pick the app you want to add. Repeat.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Also, to follow Wizard's method to add shortcuts to the panel, you must have widgets "unlocked". When widgets are "locked', the right-click option on the package is "add to favorites". When widgets are "unlocked", your choices are "Add To Favorites", "Add to Desktop", and "Add to Panel".

Comment

OK, Wizard's method worked, also did Snowhog's.

When I tried wizard's method, the icons appeared next to the set on Icons on the right side of the bottom bar. I tried dragging them over to the left, but no go. Am I missing something?

Snowhogs quicklaunch works, and realized I can put that anywhere. currently it's sitting in the top right corner, where I just might leave it.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyK
            I tried dragging them over to the left, but no go. Am I missing something?
            You have to have the Panel open for editing by clicking on the Panel's "cashew" which sits at the right end. Then you just have to mouse over any item on the Panel until you see the four-pointed arrow and click+hold and then drag and release where you want it.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Snowhog - Success! Thanks for the intel.

Comment

Working...
              X