X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kcaldav BuildRequires

Hello,

I'm trying to install kcaldav from source with the hope that it will allow me to use Google Calendar with Kontact. I'm using KDE 4.5.1 in Kubuntu 10.04.1

The README and spec list the following build requirements:

Code:
    BuildRequires: kdepim-devel kdepimlibs-devel qt-devel libical-devel libcurl-devel glib2-devel
    Unfortunately I can't find these packages. The problematic portion of the message I get when running make is:

Code:
    configure:4931: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles
    configure:4940: result: no
    configure:4956: checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles
    configure:4965: result: no
    configure:5057: checking for gcc
    configure:5087: result: no
    configure:5150: checking for cc
    configure:5197: result: no
    configure:5253: checking for cl.exe
    configure:5283: result: no
    configure:5307: error: in `/home/josh/Downloads/kcaldav-1.1.0/_build/libcaldav-0.6.1':
    configure:5310: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
    See `config.log' for more details.
    The config.log contains the terminal output after calling make (including the above output) and a long list of variables containing empty strings.

Will someone please direct me to the required packages, so I complete the installation.

Re: kcaldav BuildRequires

First of all, have you tried the akonadi googledata resource
    http://www.monkey7.se/?p=587

You don't have to install akonaditray to do this ootc, you can type in 'akonadi' in the kmenu's search bar and select 'configure akonandi resources'

But if you still want to compile, first you will need to install build-essential, followed by whatever packages Ubuntu has that correleate to what the requirements ask for, they should have similar names so it shouldn't be too hard.

Then you still may find more missing -devel packages when running make - and depending on where Fedora puts it's system files, it may not compile at all.

It is developed and built for Fedora right now, so figuring it out may be tougher in Kubuntu.

Comment

Re: kcaldav BuildRequires

Thank you for the reply. I don't know how I missed that akonadi resource. The google resource worked fine, but unfortunately multiple google calendars are not supported yet. Do you know if there is an available beta version that may support this?

I noticed that Korganizer has an option to add an OpenXchange calendar. OpenXchange appears to have google calendar support, but I can't find any instructions on how to use it. Would I need to have my own server to use it? Again, I would appreciate any direction you could provide.

The only other option I can think of is to divide my calendars between multiple google accounts, but that's obviously not ideal.

Comment

Working...
      X